Thursday 23 September 2010

New years eve 2009.....pt2

Yet another collection from a house party, this time in Darwen & it`s between 2 and 3am. It`s another family, mum, dad & two kids (girls) They all say their goodnights & jump into the car.....& we`re off. We`re going back to Blackburn & everybody seems to have had a good time. The kids are tired & the dad is chatting away to me, asking abvout my night & if i`d been busy....etc, etc.

We pulled on to the nice housing estate where they lived. The bloke asked his wife for the keys as we approached the house. I could hear her fumbling around in her bag. She then asked her husband "Have you not got the keys love?"
"No, you`ve got them" was his reply.
"Are you sure? She said "I can`t see them in here & i can`t remember you giving them to me"
"I definitely gave them to you love" He said.
she rummaged around in her bag again for a while & said "Nope, they`re not here"

The bloke let out big slightly impatient & angry sigh & said "I gave you the keys! You have them!"

One of the kids chirped up, saying "I saw some keys on the table in the house that looked like yours"

The bloke was bubbling with anger. "Look! We`re home now & we`ve got no keys to get in!"
His wife said "well i`ve not got them & i can`t remember you giving them to me"

They argued for a couple of minutes before the bloke got his phone out & rang the people at the house they`d just come from. It rang for ages before he got an answer. The people he`d phoned had locked up & gone to bed. They said they`d look for the keys & ring him back. Meanwhile (with my clock still ticking...it`s double-time on new years eve) we turned around & went back to Darwen to get the keys.

His friend phoned back to say they couldn`t find the keys, but they`d try & re-trace their movements over the night. When we finally arrived back at the first house, the husband got out & went in. Not long after we could see torch lights in the back garden & then the front lawn. The house had been turned upside-down in search of the keys. The mum & kids sat in the back of the car watching the action outside. The mum had another rummage in her handbag, to make it look like she was doing something useful. Suddenly i heard a metallic jangling noise. One of the kids said "Arrhhh" & the mum said "Oh shit" quietly. I turned to look at her. Her face was a picture. The keys had been in her bag all along. "He`s gonna go mental" she said.

Meekly she opened the car window & called to him. He said "not now love, i`m busy."
Without saying a word she jangled the keys out of the window with an 'oops i did it again' look on her face. The search party in the front garden stopped & looked over. The husband & his mate just stared at her, whilst the other bloke`s wife let out an awkward laugh. You could cut the tension with a knife!

The husband apologised to his mate for waking them whole house up & got back in the car. She tried to say something, but he cut her dead. We drove back to their house in complete silence. Upon arrival, the bloke paid the extremely expensive fare & apologised to me for being 'pissed about'. I said it was ok. The wife & kids had got out & gone in the house. He said "If you hear about anybody getting murdered tonight, you`ll know why."
I laughed & said "You`ll all be laughing about this tomorrow"
His final words were "I don`t f#####g think so pal"

I pressed 'CLEAR' on my datahead & drove off.

Phewww, i don`t want to be in her shoes....i thought to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment