Thursday 23 September 2010

It was there when we got in.....

I pulled up outside the county court entrance of the shopping precinct & my passengers got in. Both sat in the back of the car & we set off. Probably a minute into the journey i got wafted with a rather ripe smell, so i tactfully opened the windows slightly. (It`s amazing how many people honk & don`t realise it)
My passengers were a 'special' needs lady & her helper/socialworker.

By the time we`d reached our destination the smell was quite pungent to say the least & the windows were nearly fully open. The special person got out the car & went inside the house as her helper paid me. She asked for a receipt with her change, so i wrote one out.

As i turned to hand the receipt to the woman i noticed a rather large brown smear right across one of the seats. I pointed to it & asked "what`s that love?"
The woman looked at it & said "Oh it was there when we got in"

I DON`T BLOODY THINK SO!!!!!

"I hope that`s not what i think it is?" i said.
The woman just looked at it & said "i don`t know what it is"
"Can you not smell it love?" i said "That`s crap & it wasn`t there before!"

The woman said she`d go in the house & check the other woman. She came out a minute or so later & said "Yes, sorry....she`s had an accident"
"Well, i can`t drive around with that in my car" i said, pointing to the shit smear.
"i`m going to have to get the car valetted now & you`re gonna have to pay for it."

The woman looked at me as if i was being unfair!!
"would you get into a car with a turd on the seat love?" i asked.
"err, no" she replied.
She went back into the house & her boss came out to have a look. They apologised & told me to get the car cleaned & present them with a bill. So i did. I dropped the car off at a valet place & knocked off for the afternoon.
The next day i presented them with a bill for the valet & another bill for my lost earnings. They settled up with me & promised it wouldn`t happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment