Tuesday 23 February 2010

Why did the chicken cross the road?....

It was dinner time, & i`d just nipped into a sandwich shop for something to eat. I was in one of the town`s asian areas, full of tiny shops & row upon row of tightly packed terraced houses. I sat there munching on my sarnie & watching the world go by, when something caught my eye. A few doors up from where i`d parked, a reddishy-brown chicken walked out of an open doorway, sauntered across the road & disappeared into another house opposite. About thirty seconds later a little asian woman appeared at the front door from where the chicken had originated. In her hand was a large kitchen knife. She looked up & down the road, obviously looking for the bird before shrugging her shoulders & going back inside. I wonder if the chicken knew just how close it had come to meeting its maker!

No comments:

Post a Comment